- The majority of states in the Midwest and South offer a lower cost of living than states in the Northeast and West.
- Interesting facts to go along with the numbers above, of the 5 most costliest states, only Hawaii consistently ranks in the top 5 "Happiest" States in the Nation.
- The ‘biggest bang for your buck’ comes in Mississippi where, compared to the national average, you can actually purchase $115.74 worth of goods for $100.
- Of those states rated the "biggest bang for your buck", 3 of the 5 fall in the bottom of the "Happiest" states to live in.
- For more information regarding the methodology used to create this map, visit the Tax Foundation.
- For more information regarding the Happiest State in the nation, visit Live Science.
Use the buttons below to share